Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Sad Day to Remember

Teresir the giant orange fluff monster was my best friend for many, many years. He showed up on campus in front of my dorm when I was 19. I took it upon myself to buy cat food for TeresA (the dorm was Teresa Hall so everyone called the cat Teresa) rather than watch him waste away... I fed him under the bushes and even brought him in secretly when it would rain. He became MY cat.

When I was informed that Teresa was to be put down by the powers that be on campus, I announced my intentions of taking him with me when I moved to an apartment at the end of the semester. So that's how it came to be that one big orange cat came home with me for Christmas break, only to find out that SHE was a HE. TeresA became TereSIR and he lived with me in many places and in several states until 2 years ago last Sunday, November 23.

Even just typing about the loss of Teresir makes me tear up. He was such a wonderful friend to me... even if he was a grumpy old man most of the time! He was always there for me and I want to post a few photos of him for all of you to see what a gorgeous kitty he was with his long fur and his gianormous eyes!

This is me holding Teresir... I think I must have been somewhere around 24-ish. Remember, the camera adds 10 pounds... and that's a LOT for a cat!


Here is he destroying my blinds. He loved sitting in the window!


The monster on the patio of my first place in Florida!


He really did have wonderful big eyes!


And a few basking in the sunlight, just a few months before he died.




I know Teresir is waiting for me in Heaven! I miss him so much!

11 comments:

charlottecareyphotography.com said...

OH Tracy...so, so sorry. What a beauty.
I wish I could give you a hug.

Emilee said...

He is a beautiful cat. I know he had an excellent home and a wonderful life with you, Tracy!

Haley Poulos said...

What a beautiful cat, Tracy! You were a good friend to him during his time here on earth. Sending a hug your way...

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget his last day. It was tough. But you're right, he's waiting for you. And the comments are so true he had a wonderful life with you...one he wouldn't have had at all without you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss of such a great big spirit! What a great companion you had for so long. My sympathy Tracy.

Diane said...

Oh Teresir. Teresir and his love of blinds in the apartment. Such an awesome, loving cat. Big Hugs!

Tracy said...

Thanks guys! You are all very sweet to leave such kind and loving words. : )
It took me a little while before I was able to get another kitty... but I love Uni to pieces! She's the opposite of Teresir though... very vocal, social, not to mention a short hair, skinny tuxedo wearin' kitty! hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Aww..sorry to hear about Teresir. And he was so pretty with his flowing hair. :) Hugs out to you!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Omigosh.. I totally cried after reading your post and looking at the pictures.. made me appreciate our own cat.. I'm not really a cat person, but we have one b/c Bobby always wanted one... awww.. sorry for your loss, you were his angel for rescuing him.. now you have a kitty angel to watch over you :) .. and I'm off to look for my own kitty and hug him... :)

Pawsitively Pictures said...

Tracy,
Im hugging you through the internet. The loss of a pet just plain sucks and Im sorry when anyone has to experience. But he is probably up there laying next to or sitting on top of my Paco. Paco was a hug tabby cat fan! Keep smiling.xo

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat. I am sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs.